Shared Governance at Milner Library
The participation in the shared governance of Milner Library occurs through faculty and staff participation in college and University councils and committees as well as faculty meetings.
College Faculty Status Committee (CFSC)
According to part IV of the Illinois State University Faculty Appointment, Salary, Promotion and Tenure Policies document:
The CFSC shall review Department/School policies and procedures for appointment, reappointment, performance evaluation, promotion, tenure, and post-tenure reviews with authority to ensure conformity to College standards and University policies and procedures. The CFSC shall review Department/School policies and procedures for the allocation monies devoted to performance evaluated salary increments. These policies and procedures are left to the discretion of each Department/School, but the CFSC shall review them for clarity, fairness, and internal consistency.
- Chad Kahl (FY23-24)
- Dallas Long, ex officio chair
- Vanette Schwartz (FY22-23)
- Eric Willey (FY22-23)
Milner Library College Faculty Status Committee College Standards document is available on the Library's staff intranet.
Department Faculty Status Committee (DFSC)
According to Appendix I of the Milner Library Department Faculty Status Committee Criteria for Appointment, Evaluation, Salary Distribution, Promotion and Tenure document:
The DFSC shall be responsible for conducting pre-tenure reappointment reviews, and for providing pre-tenure faculty with individualized timelines for their probationary periods; conducting annual performance evaluations of faculty; reviewing faculty members’ professional activities and performance for purposes of promotion, tenure and post-tenure reviews; and review of this Criteria document and leading faculty in discussion of any needed changes.
- April Anderson-Zorn (FY23-24)
- Jean MacDonald (FY23-24)
- Julie Murphy (FY22-23)
- Josh Newport (FY23)
- Rachel Scott, chair
Milner Library Department Faculty Status Committee’s Criteria for Appointment, Evaluation, Salary Distribution, Promotion and Tenure is available on the Library's staff intranet.
Faculty Research and Development Committee (FRDC)
FRDC’s charge, activities and members can be found on the committee's web page.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Committee
IDEA’s charge, activities, and members can be found on the committee's web page.
According to Library Council Bylaws, the purpose of the Council:
In accordance with the constitution of Illinois State University and these Bylaws, the Milner Library Council shall act as the official body through which all library personnel participate in shared governance in such areas as strategic planning, community-building, and creation of campus partnerships. The Council also understands the practice of shared governance to occur in discussions and actions related to policies and procedures, curriculum integration, the allocation of positions, and the development of new services. All Council discussions and recommendations are advisory to the Dean of Milner Library, who will report rationale for the acceptance or non-acceptance of these recommendations.
Tenure Track/Tenured members:
- Angela Bonnell (FY22-23)
- Heather Koopmans (FY23-24)
- Caitlin Stewart (FY23-24)
Non Tenure Track (NTT):
- Lindsey Skaggs (FY23-24)
- Angie Stegemann (FY23-24)
- Cassie Thayer-Styes (FY23-24)
- Teka Wooten-Dismukes (FY22-23)
- Jeff Ridinger (FY23)
- Noah Virklan (FY23)
- Dean Dallas Long
Non-Tenure Track Evaluation Committee
The purpose of the non-tenure track evaluation committee is to serve as an advisory group to the Dean in the event of unresolved disagreements between a non-tenure track faculty member and the direct supervisor with regard to the non-tenure track faculty member's evaluation. In the case of an unresolved disagreement, the non-tenure track faculty member may request that the committee review all evaluation materials submitted. The committee then writes a report to submit to the Dean.
- Christine Fary (FY21-22)
- Rebecca Fitzsimmons (FY21-22)
- Lindsey Skaggs (FY22-23)
University Library Committee
The University Library Committee advises Milner Library faculty/staff on library collections, services, and resources that best meet the needs of students and faculty at the University and encourages the closer integration of such into teaching, learning, and other scholarly activities
Academic Senate / Academic Senate Standing Committees
Standing Internal Senate Committees
- Academic Senator - Angela Bonnell (FY22-24)
Standing External Senate Committees
- Academic Freedom, Ethics and Grievance Committee – Sarah French (FY22-24)
- Academic Planning Committee – Chad Kahl (FY23-24)
- Council for Teacher Education – Judy Bee (FY23), Caitlin Stewart (FY20-23)
- Council for General Education – Chris Worland (FY23-25)
- Faculty Review Committee – Jennifer Sharkey (FY23-25)
- Panel of Ten / Administrative Selection Committee – Sarah French (FY23)
- Reinstatement Committee – April Anderson-Zorn (FY23-25)
- Textbook Affordability Committee – Mallory Jallas, Julie Murphy (FY22-24)
- University Curriculum Committee – Joshua Newport (FY21-23)
- University Review Committee – Chad Buckley (FY23-25)
- University Service Awards Committee – Angela Yon (FY23-25)
Other Campus Committees
- Academic Facilities Advisory Committee – Rachel Scott
- Academic Leadership Council – Sue Franzen and Rachel Scott
- Academic Technologies Review Board – Rachel Scott
- Assessment Advisory Council – Chad Kahl
- College Research Council – Rachel Scott
- Institutional Review Board – Julie Murphy
- Intellectual Property Committee – Anne Shelley
- University Research Council – Rachel Scott
- University Teaching Committee – April Anderson-Zorn