Not sure where to start? Try a starred ( ) resource.
Related guides: Geology
1973 to present
GEOBASE is a multidisciplinary database of indexed research literature on the earth sciences, including geology, human and physical geography, environmental sciences, oceanography, geomechanics, alternative energy sources, pollution, waste management and nature conservation. Covers thousands of peer-reviewed journals, trade publications, book series and conference proceedings.
1666 to present
Records from over 3,500 periodicals covering geology and earth sciences. Updated twice a month. Provides citations, abstracts.
A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences, built on a core database aggregation of full text peer-reviewed journals. GeoScienceWorld is a colloboration of the following organizations: the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the American Geological Institute (AGI), the Geological Society of America (GSA), The Geological Society of London (GSL), the Mineralogical Society of America (MSA), the Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM), and the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG.
Full text journals include: American Mineralogist, Geosphere, Seismological Research Letters, and many more...
1982 to 2008
Provides citations and abstracts related to mineralogy, crystallography, geochemistry, petrology, and environmental mineralogy.
Web of Science
Milner's subscription includes:
* Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1988-present)
* Book Citation Index Science (2005-present)
* Book Citation Index Social Sciences & Humanities (2005-present)
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index Science (1993-present)
* Conference Proceedings Citation Index Social Sciences & Humanities (1993-present)
* Science Citation Index Expanded (1988-present)
* Social Sciences Citation Index (1988-present)
Access the world's leading scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
* Navigate with cited reference searching and Author Finder
* Use the Analyze Tool to identify trends and patterns