Though these reports start in 1937, the new name of Teachers College Board was not adopted until 1941. Many of the early reports were not initially printed but were printed retroactively after the board adopted their new name. Thus, while the reports are to the Normal School Board, it is in fact the Teachers College Board. The board changed its name to the Board of Governors of the State Colleges and Universities of the State of Illinois in 1965.
The reports from 1937-1949 were digitized by Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and made available through the Internet Archive. The reports from 1950-1965 were provided by Illinois State University, digitized and made available through the Internet Archive in 2012 with support from the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI).