Milner Library Faculty Research & Development Committee (FRDC)
- to provide continuing educational activities on research methods and opportunities.
- to assist faculty in identifying and pursuing grant opportunities to fund research and professional activities.
- to assist faculty in identifying and designing research projects.
- to provide support for the scholarly publication and presentation process.
- to provide an in-house venue for library faculty to present their research.
- to promote Milner accomplishments in the area of research, including maintaining research displays and reporting accomplishments to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) for inclusion in the ISU Report.
- to assist the College Research Coordinator (CRC) in administering the University Research Grant (URG) program, including: annually reviewing URG guidelines, announcing the URG call for proposals, reviewing URG proposals, and making award recommendations to the Dean of Milner Library.
- to administer the Outstanding College Researcher (OCR) award, including: annually reviewing OCR guidelines, announcing the call for nominations, reviewing nominee packages, and making an award recommendation to the Dean of Milner Library.
Committee meetings are held the first Thursday of each month, 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. in Milner Room 311G. All are welcome to attend.
Administration of Milner's College-level Research Awards
- Research Roundtables
Scheduled during the fall and spring semesters, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. in Milner 311.
Promotion of Milner Research Accomplishments
Research Roundtable Special Edition (library faculty and staff research exhibition held each spring)
- Angela Bonnell, College Research Coordinator (ex officio)
- Anita Beaman
- Chad Kahl
- Kathleen Lonbom
- Jean MacDonald
- Julie Murphy, Institutional Review Board Representative (ex officio)
- Patrice Prud'homme