External Media Guidelines
No photography, videos, or any recording media of any kind is permitted in Milner Library restrooms.
Taking photos or video of individuals without their consent is prohibited and is cause for immediate removal from Milner Library.
General guidelines for media in Milner Library (other than restrooms) are as follows:
- Personal photography and videotaping are permitted in or at Milner Library. Personal photography and videotaping includes media of friends/family obtained informally for personal/private use. Personal photography used for commercial purposes is not allowed.
- Academic photography and videotaping is permitted in Milner Library with prior authorization. Academic photography and videotaping is defined as media obtained and/or reproduced for academic purposes including class projects, University promotions and information. Please contact us for more information and authorization procedures.
- Media access is allowed in Milner Library with prior authorization. Media access is defined as media obtained and/or reproduced for use by a media outlet (such as a newspaper, television station or other mass news media producer). Proper usage includes published materials produced by the media outlet. Please contact us for more information and authorization procedures.
- Contact 309-438-3897 or milnerevents@IllinoisState.edu in advance. State who you represent, for what purpose you want to access the building, and how information will be used.
- If permission is granted and arrangements have been made, representatives must check in at the Reference Desk upon arrival.
- Milner Library reserves the right to deny access as necessary.