What is the iTour?
It is a physical walking tour of the Library using QR Codes scanned with your smart device to display videos that inform you about the location where you are standing.
Preparing Your Smart Device
- Connect your device (tablet, phone) to the wireless network.
For iPhone, iPad | For Android | Other devices
- Download a QR Code Reader/Barcode Scanner if you don’t already have one installed.**
- Connect your own set of ear buds or headphones to your device.
*Check out headphones at the Check Out Desk if you don’t have any.
Accessing the iTour Videos
- Open the QR Code Reader and then using your smart device (tablet, phone) camera, scan the QR Codes around the building.**
- Once you scan the code, a video will display. The video will provide information
about the location where you are standing.
- Start on Floor 2 (Main Floor) by the column near the Check Out desk.
Scan the QR Code labeled #1.
- At the end of the video, you will be told where to go next.
- Need to show your professor proof of completing the iTour?
Once you’ve completed the iTour you will receive additional information on how to do that.
**Most Free QR Code Readers at your app store will work. Here are some recommendations**
by ZXing Team
Want to know more about QR Codes? Wikipedia has a good entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_codes
*If you do not have a smart device, inquire at the Library Check Out Desk about using an iTour tablet or iPod.
Need the written transcript? Download it here.
© iTour designed and developed by the Information Use and Fluency Department [liblearn at ilstu.edu], Milner Library, Illinois State University