Critical Inquiry Program
About the Program
Our goal is to help each student enhance their information seeking skills and critical thinking. In collaboration with COM 110 and ENG 101 instructors, we provide a variety of learning experiences throughout the first year.
Critical Inquiry Program Learning Outcomes
Students who participate in the Library's Critical Inquiry Program, achieve the following:
- Learn about Milner Library as place and space in order to feel comfortable utilizing the Library services and building.
- Integrate current research strategies with Higher Education research strategies in order to meet ISU student research expectations.
- Identify the various Library Help venues in order to get help with research needs when and where it is needed.
- Apply criteria for identifying sources in order to select appropriate types of sources for a project.
- Utilize the Search Anything tool in order to find multiple sources appropriate for the project scope and criteria.
- Apply enhanced search strategies in order to utilize Search Anything more effectively.
- Utilize source evaluation techniques in order to determine the credibility and relevancy of a specific source.
- Utilize source citation techniques and concepts in order to use information ethically and legally.
For more information about the program, contact the Information Use and Fluency Department.